Sufficient Grace

My friend Martha and I were flying overseas on a missions trip. But my stress was eating me up. My husband and I had five days to figure something out before our family became homeless. Knowing my situation, Martha asked me, “What’s the absolute worst thing that could happen?”
I described the most disturbing and preposterous scenario I could envision. Her next question rocked my world: “And do you believe God could give you the grace for that?”
Martha’s questions forced me to acknowledge a life-changing truth: even if the worst happened, God would be right with me and my family to provide all we would need to persevere.
When Paul had an insurmountable problem, he asked God to remove it (2 Corinthians 12:7–8). Instead, God replied, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness” (v. 9). Our hope is not in quick fixes or things ‘somehow’ working out. Rather, our hope is in the sufficiency of God’s grace to hold and strengthen us through even the worst times. Paul went so far as to say he delighted in difficulties giving him another chance to rely on God’s strength (v. 10). While I didn’t delight in my fears, I did draw courage knowing that God’s grace would be sufficient, no matter what I returned home to. His grace is still sufficient; seek the strength and courage you need from Him today. Debbi Fralick - Daily Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment